State rejoices as SA-VIC border fully lifts and no new COVID-19 cases are recorded

HAPPY: SA Premier Steven Marshall announces that the QR codes will give contact traces of the coronavirus
HAPPY: SA Premier Steven Marshall announces that the QR codes will give contact traces of the coronavirus "very best" information, 24-hours, seven days a week.

Many South Australians are rejoicing after waking to the lengthy SA-VIC border restrictions fully lifting from today.

Premier Steven Marshall said, 'today is also a happy day" with the roll out of the QR (quick response).

He said the codes will give contact traces of the coronavirus "very best" information, 24-hours, seven days a week.

Importantly, it means "no delays in putting people into quarantine when it is required to keep our state safe".

However, the new tool he referred to on Tuesday as "fantastic" has hit an IT issue with its reader application, including when visiting multiple venues, but it is expected to be rectified by this afternoon.

Concerns also surfaced during the public announcement of the SA Service hotline being engaged for those who require over the phone assistance.

Nonetheless, Premier Marshall assured the QR information is "very securely" encrypted and only accessed by SA Health when they need information to advance their case for getting people to quarantine as quickly as possible.

Any business, including supermarkets and take away shops, who have a COVID-safe plan in place will have a QR code in place at the front of their business for people to access via their devices.

SA Police Commissioner Grant Stevens said, "We don't think people will take long to realise this is a normal part of life in SA".

SA's Transmission Committee also met this morning with no new changes in place.

The unequivocal health advice is we need to keep the current new lower level in restrictions in place for the time being.

Premier Steven Marshall

"The unequivocal health advice is we need to keep the current new lower level in restrictions in place for the time being," Premier Marshall said.

The committee meets again on Friday, December 4.

No COVID-19 cases recorded in SA

Pleasingly, no new cases of COVID-19 have been recorded, according to SA Health chief public health officer Professor Nicola Spurrier.

The state currently has 33 cases linked to the Parafield cluster and 11 active cases to date.

However, Professor Spurrier updated the public on one case, not linked to the Parafield cluster, and unfortunately omitted from daily SA CPVID-19 update.

She assured the public the case is "not a problem whatsoever".

Following a thorough routine audit, and due to the busyness of the cluster, Professor Spurrier said, "we didn't add a case to our list", an international traveller, "not previously publicly reported".

The woman, who has since been discharged from a medi-hotel following essential medical follow-ups, had arrived in SA on November 14.

Moreover, statistics by SA Health reveal a significant reduction in people in quarantine, with about 1100 close contacts or contacts of contacts in quarantine directly linked to the cluster.

It means the message remains clear for the public to continually get tested, even for the mildest of symptoms with authorities pleased with the testing rate remaining high.

" It's a good news day here in SA, I am personally thrilled to have the border open with Victoria," she added.

This story State border fully lifts, no new COVID-19 cases, QR code confusion first appeared on The Murray Valley Standard.