Princess Royal Station held its annual Christmas in July for staff and suppliers on July 8.
This year, Princess Royal wanted to do something a little different and decided to raise funds for Meals on Wheels (SA) Inc. – Burra.
Guests were asked to bring a pocket full of change, and a game of “Simon Says” was played during the entire evening.
The game saw all guests don a “silly” hat which proved very entertaining, and guests gave coin donations throughout the night when their hat was called out or if they took their hat off.
It was a successful evening raising $997.90 for Meals On Wheels Burra.
On Tuesday, July 12, Princess Royal representatives presented a cheque to Meals On Wheels Burra treasurer Peter Ferris and chair Bev Fleming at the Burra Hospital.
“It’s an important service, that any community needs access to,” Princess Royal’s Simon Rowe said.
“It provides people and their families with support, peace of mind, and a service to people that need it.”
Some brief information about Meals on Wheels Burra:
- Meal son Wheels is a not-for-profit, community-based volunteer organisation
- Assists many people to live independently in their own homes by providing meals. Clients include people who cannot cook for themselves with ease, such as older people, people with a disability, or those recovering from illness or injury.
- This year the Burra Branch is 45 years old.
- Served nearly 141,000 meals since inception.
- 46 volunteers from the Burra Community and the Outreach Nurses from the Burra Hospital.
- All meals are sourced from the Burra Hospital which is a contracted supplier to Meals on Wheels (SA) Inc. through agreement with Country Health SA.
- Our main objectives are to ensure that our clients get at least one substantial and nutritious meal 5 days per week and at the same time provide some social contact and welfare checking.
Contact Meals on Wheels on 1800 854 453 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.