An era sadly culminated for the congregation of the Black Springs Trinity Lutheran Church with the final service being conducted on Sunday, September 11.
With declining number of parishioners over the years, services at the church inevitably had to close bringing to an end 53 years of services and 79 years as a congregation for the community.
Officiating guests attending the service was Bishop of the South Australian Lutheran church, Bishop David Altus, along with former Pastors of the parish, Pastor Ron Wilksch, Pastor Max Stollznow, Pastor Ivan Woller and Pastor Robin Zadow.
Current Pastor Leon Rosenberg lead the Service with Bishop David delivered the message basing it on Ecclesiastes 3; 1-14 A time and a place for everything.
The inspiring final service included the ten present local church members accompanied by Gloria Schutz who has been the organist for 39 years.
A luncheon and fellowship followed enabling the large gathering to mingle with founding members and descendants past and current a time to reflect on a memorable day.
Since the building was erected in 1869 it has had varying transformations having been originally a Wesleyan Methodist church, council chambers, dwelling, wine shop, Anglican Church (1898 to 1962) and Lutheran church (1963 to 2016).